Jefferson is a town in Schoharie County, New York. The population was 1,285 at the 2000 census. The Town of Jefferson is on the southwestern border of the county and is east of the City of Oneonta.
Communities and locations in Jefferson
- Arabia – A hamlet by the north town line on County Road 64.
- Baird Corners – A location north of Jefferson village on NY-10.
- East Jefferson – A hamlet northeast of Jefferson village, located on County Road 16.
- Jefferson – The hamlet of Jefferson is on Route 10.
- Mount Jefferson – A small mountain (2733 feet, 833 metres) north of the source of the Delaware River.
- South Jefferson – A hamlet southeast of Jefferson village on NY-10. The Stewart House and Howard–Stewart Family Cemetery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2012.
- West Jefferson – A hamlet west of Jefferson village, near the west town line and the junction of County Roads 2A and 15.