North-South Lake is the biggest and most popular state campground in the Catskill Forest Preserve, offering extraordinary scenic beauty, and histor
Hunter is a town in Greene County, New York, United States. According to Wikipedia population is abuot 2,750. The town contains two villages, one named Hunter and the other called Tannersville. The town is on the south border of Greene County.
The town was formed in 1813 from the town of Windham, but was then called "Edwardsville". The name of "Hunter" was assumed in 1814. The area became a popular tourism destination in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Communities and locations in the Town of Hunter
- Edgewood – A hamlet in the south part of the town on Route 214.
- Elka Park – A hamlet south of Tannersville.
- Haines Falls – A hamlet east of Tannersville and West of Palenville
- Hunter – Village in the western part of the town on Route 23A.
- Kaaterskill Falls – A location east of Haines Falls.
- Lanesville – A hamlet in the south part of the town, South of Edgewood on Route 214.
- Onteora Park – A Private Park North of Tannersville
- Platte Clove – A hamlet in the east part of the town.
- Tannersville – The village of Tannersville is east of Hunter village.
- Twilight Park – A private park in Haines Falls
Hunter area makes a great "home base" for hiking the Catskills. This rugged countryside is crisscrossed with miles of trails, ranging from the well
Radio Woodstock's Mountain Jam Festival - 13th Annual Mountain Jam - June 16-18, 2017
Taste of Country Music Festival- 5th Annual Taste of Country Music Festival - June 9-11, 2017
Hunter Mountain features a 1,600-foot (488 m) vertical drop.
Hunter Scenic Skyride features six-passenger Kaatskill Flyer detachable chairlift.