May 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Windham is a town in Greene County, New York, United States. According to Wikipedia the population is about 1,700 . The town was probably named for the town or county of Windham, Connecticut, as many of its earliest settlers came from that state as well as other parts of New England. The town has two nicknames: "Land in the Sky" and "Gem of the Catskills".
Windham is in the west-central part of the county on the northern boundary of the Catskill Park.
The region was first settled around 1780. The town was formed from the town of Woodstock in 1798 while still part of Ulster County
Communities and locations in the Town of Windham:
- Batavia Kill − A stream flowing through the south part of the town past Maplecrest and Windham.
- Brooksburg − A hamlet in the Catskill Park.
- East Windham − A hamlet on the east town line on Route 23.
- Hensonville − A hamlet in the south part of the town and the location of the town government. It was named after John Henson, a postmaster, having been called previously "Baileys Four Corners."
- Mitchell Hollow − A location in the town.
- Nauvoo − A location in the town.
- North Settlement − A hamlet on the west town line, northwest of Windham village.
- Maplecrest − A hamlet in the Catskill Park near the south town line, originally called "Big Hollow."
- Windham − The hamlet of Windham in the southwest part of the town on Route 23. It was originally called "Batavia". It was also called "Windham Centre" and "Osbornville."
Mar 23, 2019 10AM-4PM
Mar 16, 2019 10AM- 5PM
Ski & Snowboarding Jam Competition – Come out for the best party of the year! Lots of Prizes!
Windham Country Club and Christman’s Windham House - both beautiful golf courses in Windham with gorgeous views of the Catskill Mountains.
PRESENTED BY USA CYCLING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE UCI
Saturday, August 12th, 2017 – Sunday, August 13th, 2017 at Windham Mountain Bike Park – Windham, NY 12496
UPDATE: The 2019 Mountain Bike Season kicks off on Saturday, May 25th! The chair lift will also be open for Skyrides. Come enjoy the unofficial s